recipes worth sharing

Tomato season is upon us. We've already had BLTs for dinner twice in one week. One time we added avocados to change it up, so we had BLATs instead of BLTs. (Do BLTs need a recipe post? It's down there if someone ever needs it.) This month, I also have two chicken dinner options from my recipe cards I forgot I had, and then there's a dessert option at the end. As per usual, the images belong to the blogger of the recipe as identified blow each photo.

BLTs
In case someone has never made a BLT. (Is that possible?)
INGREDIENTS:
bacon, cooked to desired crispiness
lettuce, I think Romaine is the best for BLTs, but whatever you have works
tomato, fresh from the garden, sliced top to bottom
bread, sliced and toasted
mayonnaise
avocado, sliced (optional)
egg, cooked over-easy (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
Spread mayonnaise on two slices of toast. Pile on one slice of toast: bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado (if using), egg (if using). Top with other slice of toast. Enjoy!

Uncle Tom's Chicken
I have no idea who "Uncle Tom" is in this recipe. This recipe came from family friends back when I was in middle school or high school. I was reminded of it after enjoying tasty bone-in chicken thighs at the lake which marinated in a Wegman's bottled dressing/marinade. I don't know which Wegman's bottle was used, but the flavor reminded me of Uncle Tom's Chicken. So I dug out this recipe and stuck my bone-in chicken thighs to marinade all day - the longer the better. So delicious. My kids loved it. We're grilling this one again at the beach!
INGREDIENTS:
2-1/2 TBS kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1-1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 cup white vinegar
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup cooking oil (sunflower oil, olive oil, etc.)
3# bone-in chicken thighs and/or legs

DIRECTIONS:
Mix ingredients in large bowl or baking dish or plastic baggie. Add chicken, ensuring chicken submerged in marinade in whatever container using. Marinade for at least eight hours - overnight (or multiple nights) is perfectly acceptable here. Grill. Devour.

The Pioneer Woman via Tasty Kitchen: Tequila-Lime Chicken with all the Fixins
I also forgot about this one. It's another delicious chicken recipe for tacos or fajitas or burritos or bowls. Don't skip the fixins: guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream, cheese, tortillas, black beans (1-14oz can, undrained + 1/2 tsp cumin + 1/2 tsp chili powder: heat in cast iron skillet until liquid somewhat evaporated), rice. I made Cilantro Lime Rice instead of Mexican Rice last week because it was faster, but the Mexican rice is good. (Just halve the recipe unless you're having company!)
image: Tasty Kitchen/The Pioneer Woman

Mel's Kitchen Cafe: Easy Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
If you somehow didn't know or forgot, I'm a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter. These are rich, and they make a huge tray. They keep in the fridge for awhile as a sliver is all you need - or two slivers - whatever works. (I actually have other treats I like better than this one, but my kids and husband wanted this recipe as a keeper. So I conceded.)
image: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

Comments