recipes worth sharing

Did I make anything new this month? I think maybe one recipe, but I also uncovered a recipe I had completely forgotten. So as per usual, the images belong to the blogger of the recipe as noted below each image.

Simply Scratch: Homemade Lemon & Basil Ricotta
Homemade ricotta is so delicious. I can't believe I forgot about this one! Sadly, I haven't made this in years, but that will be rectified as soon as I remember to buy fresh basil (my plant is done). (I'm going to make this with my favorite Miracle No Knead Bread.)
image: Simply Scratch

Simply Scratch: Easy Chicken Pad Thai
This recipe calls for tamarind paste. I (finally) found tamarind paste at Wegman's, but it's a lot (of volume). If you want the two teaspoons to try this recipe, just come grab a scoop from my fridge.
image: Simply Scratch

Tuna Noodle Casserole
I have no idea why we call this a "casserole" in our house because it is most definitely a salad. Nonetheless, this is my go-to meal when I want the kids to lick their plates clean or if we need to eat and run. They request it constantly, but we really don't eat it very often. Maybe once a month? Anyway, here's the recipe!
INGREDIENTS:
two 5-oz cans of tuna (chunk white)
16-oz box of pasta (ditalini or baby shells)
1/2 a bag frozen peas
mayonnaise
*onion, diced (my kids hate this recipe with onion, but my mom makes it with onion)
DIRECTIONS:
Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving the water. Toss the frozen peas in the drained (but hot) pasta water for five minutes. Drain peas.
Drain the tuna, and toss tuna in a large mixing bowl. With a fork, shred tuna and mix in mayonnaise. Add cooked and drained pasta and peas (and onion). Add enough mayonnaise to desired taste/consistency/moisture. Chill and serve. (You can eat this warm, too. I like it either way!)

Comments