Read Sea Road

I preordered Ellie Holcomb's new album - Read Sea Road - which was released on January 27th. (Dad - you can listen to it free streaming on amazon!)


The CD came in the mail, and the digital files arrived in my inbox, but it took me until Wednesday to actually listen to the album. When I finally hit play, I wept. Ellie's words are biblical truth - firm and clear to any wounded, suffering, weary soul. In fact, Ellie writes on the album insert her prayer: "I wrote these songs because I needed to sign them to my own soul. My prayer is that they would bring healing and hope to the weary, wounded, and wandering. May they remind us that whatever we are facing, we are not alone. God is with us. He makes a way when there is no way and He is ever faithful to bind up our broken hearts."

The first song - Find You Here - kicks off the album with a somber start, "It's not the news that any of us hoped that we would hear / It's not the road we would have chosen, no / The only thing we can see is darkness up ahead / But you're asking us to lay our worry down and sing a song instead."

From there, Ellie weaves in and out of Scripture - singing truth into harsh realities with songs titled: He Will. Red Sea Road. You Are Loved. Fighting Words. I Will Never Be The Same. Wonderfully Made. We've Got This Hope. You Love Me Best. God Of All Comfort. Rescue. Living Water. Man Of Sorrows.

(Read about the story behind the song, Red Sea Road, here. It's beautiful.)

This album is so rich. The music is beautiful. You'll quickly find the melodies and lyrics stuck in your head. The lyrics are jam-packed full of truth, so they may be a welcome voice to the usual going-ons between your own two ears. When given the chance, I've been telling everyone to buy it, so I'm saying so on my blog as well. If you download it yourself, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Comments