kickstarter: Slugs & Bugs: Sing the Bible Volume III AND Sing the Bible Christmas!

It's time again for another Slugs & Bugs kickstarter campaign!


My kids are already excited for these new songs. They aren't so impressed with having to wait until September for them, but we all need practice in patience. (Forever and ever, amen.)

Scripture put to (good! so good!) music is such a gift. So many times I've climbed into the driver's seat of the van with a crotchety demeanor, only to be bombarded by truth from the speakers thanks to Slugs & Bugs Sing the Bible. Hebrews 4:12: "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." This verse hasn't been put to music by Slugs & Bugs (yet), but it's proven true as Slugs & Bugs music pours from the car speakers into my ears, seeping into the dark corners of my mind and heart. When truths like this come from the mouths of singing babes in the backseat: "Do you not know, have you not heard, the Lord is the everlasting God," my hard heart melts. (Or I growl in frustration and still find myself at the throne of grace as the Lord exposes my ugliness. It's harder to sing "You forgave me; all my guilt is gone." with a sour scowl than with a soft smile.)

Join the campaign with us if you want to get these new songs on albums for all of us to enjoy. (And we hope you love them as much as we do.)

Comments