five generations

Every October, Aaron's Great-Grammy hosts a family reunion for her four children and their spouses and children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I realized that while I have a five generation photo with Lydia, Heidi, and Anna, I never got one with Jesse. So yesterday, I rectified that situation. From age 100 down to age 2.


Anna.

Heidi (and Lydia also).

Lydia.

Here's our family with Aaron's grandfather and great-grandmother yesterday.

I try to listen to this woman as much as I can whenever I am with her because her stories are abundant. Yesterday she told me of her love for onions - but how she never cooked with them for all the years she spent with her husband before he died at age 88 (in 2004) because he didn't like them. Now she cooks with them all the time. Maybe I should bring her some french onion soup; I wonder if she would like that. =)

Comments