favorite recipes

I have a few recipes to share with you this month! As per usual, the images belong to the blogger credited below each image.

Ambitious Kitchen: Roasted Sweet Potato & Black Bean Salad with Fresh Pineapple Corn Salsa
Vegan recipe! I made this for Nez for lunch when she was here this week. It is a keeper.
image: Ambitious Kitchen

Simply Scratch: Sweet and Smoky Roasted Sweet Potatoes
I've made these twice since the recipe was posted on March 9th. I think they'll also be a good grill side for the summer.
image: Simply Scratch

Simply Scratch: Homemade Carrot Cake
For Easter 2011, I made The Pioneer Woman's recipe: Sigrid's Carrot Cake. I was ready to make it for dessert on Easter, but on the Monday before Easter, Laurie posted this recipe. Simply Scratch is my favorite, so I chose to make this recipe instead. Best decision of my Easter weekend menu. With ground cardamon and nutmeg (in addition to the cinnamon) and chopped pecans and grated carrot in the cake, it was not overly sweet and completely delicious. (The cake is also dairy free, so Nez ate a chunk without frosting. It is almost comparable to a breakfast cake when it is sans frosting - so good!)
image: Simply Scratch

Simply Scratch: Classic Cream Cheese Frosting (the best ever)
Of course, the carrot cake needs some frosting. The recipe makes too much for the cake, so if you have any suggestions for leftover frosting (will it freeze well?), send them my way!
image: Simply Scratch

Allrecipes: Egg and Sausage Casserole
We've been making this for years around here. I bake the crescent rolls (according to the package directions) before adding the sausage and eggs/cheese. This went from being one of Aaron's favorite recipes (where he got to enjoy leftovers for a few days) to all the kids also loving it and there no longer being leftovers.
image: allrecipes

Tasty Kitchen: Pancakes . . . That Will Melt in Your Mouth
Somehow I've never shared my go-to pancake recipe with you. So here it is!
image: Tasty Kitchen

Comments