waiting

I'm quite late reporting it here, but our Jesse Tree is back in action. We're putting our window wall to work hosting the ornament countdown this year.



I wanted to make an Advent wreath this year, but I forgot I wanted to do that until the first Sunday of Advent. Maybe next year.

Our tree is up and decorated, and we are waiting in other ways this year.





We are reading Russ Ramsey's Behold the Lamb of God with the girls in the evenings. Aaron and I read it every year (well, since it was published in 2012), but this is the first year we are reading it aloud with the girls. Lydia is particularly loving it. Russ is also putting up pieces of art on his blog to correlate with the entrees: reflections, questions, and art during advent. Check it out if you're still looking for some Advent literature.

I am also loving She Reads Truth's Advent series of studying Jesus as the True and Better [insert Old Testament character] each day. The first Sunday of Advent posted: "Let's enter into the anticipation and celebration, remembering our need, repenting of our sin, and rejoicing in the "already" of Jesus' birth and the "not yet" of all it means for eternity," which brings to my mind the image and song I shared here last month.

We also especially enjoy singing the last song (Come Thou Long-Expected Jesus) on the Rain for Roots: Waiting Songs album: "We are waiting; we are waiting; we are waiting for you . . . "

Comments