girls weekend at the beach

Last weekend, I left my kids and my husband and headed south. (That sentence was a lot easier to type than it was to do. Do not underestimate the amount of courage I had to muster up to do this. (I'm a wimp.) So glad I did it in hindsight, but you can ask Aaron about how confused I felt at times before the fact.)

Anyway, excluding Rebekah (Nez), I hadn't seen any of these ladies - Deidre, Natalie, and Leah - in person since 2011. (Kim couldn't make it this year, and I met Anna on this trip as she arrived on the scene after I had already left Nashville.) Until last month when Natalie moved to Ohio, the six of them still work and live and do life together down there in Nashville. And for five days, they graciously welcomed me into the fold of their stories and rhythms. We relaxed on the beach, lounging (and dancing) past the sunset every night. We ate too much and laughed too loud. It was beautiful.






















I love you ladies!


(Anna's #shadowbeard.)

And for your quick reference, friends, of the recipes I fed you:
Simply Scratch: Chipotle Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl, Homemade Caramel Sauce, Carmelitas, Perfect Roasted Broccoli
Ambitious Kitchen: Nutella-Stuffed Brown Butter + Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies (my (so very minor) edits)

Comments

Post a Comment