favorite recipes

The garden has been dumping tomatoes on us the past few weeks, so I've been throwing tomatoes at every dinner: from BLTs to margarita pizza to pico de gallo. Here are some of our favorite finds. The images belong to the original blogger of the recipe as noted below each image.

Pinch of Yum: Drunken Chicken Marsala
I doubled this and brought it over to my parents for dinner after an afternoon of swimming. My dad does not always appreciate my experimental recipes, but even this received his approval.
image: Pinch of Yum

What's Gaby Cooking: White Cheddar Polenta
This was a fun side for burgers or grilled chicken, and it was really filling!
image: What's Gaby Cooking

The Pioneer Woman: My Favorite Pizza
We had some eggplants from our CSA, so I googled recipes and found this one. The girls smelled it and said, "yay!" but then looked at it and said, "eww." Then they ate it and loved it.
image: The Pioneer Woman

What's Gaby Cooking: Grilled Chicken with Avocado Tomato Salad
My presentation looked nothing like this, but it was still delicious.
image: What's Gaby Cooking

Simply Scratch: Beer Marinated Chicken Thighs
This grilled chicken goes well with all kinds of side salads, especially when you don't want strong competing flavors.
 image: Simply Scratch

Simply Scratch: 15-Minute Chipotle Cumin Grilled Chicken
Another great grilled chicken that pairs well with side dishes.
image: Simply Scratch

Apparently I ate too much ice cream and s'mores during our August vacations and didn't try enough new snack recipes. As it gets cooler, and I can turn on the oven again, hopefully I'll have at least one treat to share next month. As a consolation, here's my favorite chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes recipe, which you'll obviously need in the next two months.

Eat, Live, Run via PBS Food: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
It's practically dessert for breakfast.
image: Eat, Live Run

Comments