favorite recipes

I'm always on the prowl for meatless dinner options that are filling and simple. Here's two wins we've found recently (and two oldies we still enjoy). As per my standard clarifier, the images belong to the original blogger of the recipe as noted below each image.

The First Mess: Simple Grilled Sweet Potato + Black Bean Burrito Bowls (with spicy cumin garlic drizzle)
I gave the girls plain black beans and raw red peppers instead, and they cleared their plates multiple times. We all enjoyed this dinner. Another vegetarian entree for the win.
image: The First Mess

The Pioneer Woman: Black Bean Burger
I used Trader Joe's Cuban Style Black Beans. We grilled these on the grill instead of in oil/butter. I also dressed mine in avocado. These were yummy.
image: The Pioneer Woman

Vanilla Joy: Dominican Beans and Rice
Clearly, we like black beans around here . . .
image: Vanilla Joy

The Pioneer Woman: Portobello-Prosciutto Burgers
I haven't made these in at least a year, and I need to fix that immediately. (Skip the prosciutto, and these are vegetarian.)
image: The Pioneer Woman

Brown Eyed Baker: Homemade Fudge Pops
I love fudgsicles, and it turns out I can make them myself. Here's a delicious recipe made with ingredients I have in my pantry: chocolate chips, milk, sugar, butter, cocoa, vanilla, cornstarch. Plus, they're delicious.
image: Brown Eyed Baker

And since it's ice cream season, here are some delicious recipes for sundae toppings:

Smitten Kitchen: Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
You have to meander through the (insane!) recipe for constructing an entire ice cream cake from scratch to get to the hot fudge part. But this hot fudge is delicious.
image: Smitten Kitchen

Kojodesigns: Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
I never have to buy the Williams Sonoma Salted Caramel Sauce again. (And at $16 a jar, I really cannot afford to do that.)
image: kojodesigns

If you aren't in the mood for ice cream (and it's not too hot to turn on the oven), you can use that caramel sauce to make these:
Cup of Jo: The Best Salted Caramel Brownies You'll Ever Have
My friend, Katharine, calls these crack brownies. They may be her love language.
image: Cup of Jo

(Also, if anyone knows how to grill sweet potato fries so that they're crispy on the outside, please send me your tricks. I've tried (and failed) three recipes in the past two weeks.)

Comments