favorite recipes

Here are some more recipes to wrap up March! The images belong to the original blogger of the recipe, as noted below each image.

Ambitious Kitchen: Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos with Sour Cream Cabbage Slaw + Mango & Avocado
I bought a box of champagne mangos on sale at Whole Foods because I love champagne mangos. (Why does Whole Foods seem to be the only grocery store that sells champagne mangos? I do not understand.) Anyway, these fish tacos are so fresh and colorful even if you only use green cabbage instead of purple (like I did).
image: Ambitious Kitchen

Simply Scratch: Perfect Roasted Broccoli
We love broccoli around here, and this is a regular vegetable side - in the oven in the winter or on the grill in the summer.
image: Simply Scratch

The Girl Who Ate Everything: Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
This one is an oldie but a goodie for us. Lydia inhaled this as a baby/toddler, and she still likes it. Back in 2012, my brother even enjoyed it, and he is not a fan of beans. (Or he actually hated it and was just being polite.) Omit the chicken and add another can of black beans for vegetarian.
image: The Girl Who Ate Everything

How Sweet It Is: Honey Chipotle Chicken Bowls
This is the perfect recipe for your garden lettuce. We had this for Mother's Day last year, and all of my siblings wanted the recipe.
image: How Sweet It Is

Perry's Plate (on the Tasty Kitchen Blog): Guacamole Chicken Salad
We served this on tortilla scoops at Bethany's bridal shower tea last April. I love it wrapped in a corn tortilla.
image: Perry's Plate

What's Gaby Cooking: BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad
Easy, quick dinner. Yay!
image: What's Gaby Cooking

Rachel Cooks: Chicken Barley Soup with Kale and Butternut Squash
Chicken noodle soup kicked up a notch. This is more of a fall meal with the butternut squash, but it's still delicious on a rainy and still cold spring day.
image: Rachel Cooks

Hell's Kitchen: Carmelized Onion Grilled Chicken and Provolone Naan Panini
This is what I call a Costco meal because I made it with the giant pack of Naan from Costco and chicken from a $4.99 rotisserie chicken from Costco. (I had to borrow my mom's panini press, though. I think I need/want one of those cast iron grill press things, so I can make a panini without another appliance.) This sandwich was delicious, especially the Dijon mustard mayonnaise.
image: Hell's Kitchen

Simply Scratch: Double Decker Pork Carnitas and Refried Bean Tostadas
This recipe is no joke, but it's very much worth the effort. It's actually two crock pot recipes. I make the refried beans the day before I plan to serve this. The day of, I make the pork carnitas and the pico de Gallo. I also do not make this for just my little family. This meal requires company. (I made this for Tim and Nicole earlier this month.) Bookmark this one for a Cinco de Mayo dinner with friends! (Not too many friends or you'll have to share too much of it. And you will want to eat it all by yourself.)
image: Simply Scratch

LJD Chocolate Torte
This is the flourless chocolate torte I've made for two bridal showers now. It's Lessa's friend's recipe, but named for Lessa (LJD), and I'm sharing it with you. Thank you, Laura and Lessa, for bringing this flourless cake into my life.
1 1/2 cup butter
3/4 lb semi-sweet chocolate
3/4 c sugar
6 eggs
Butter and flour an 8-inch springform pan.
In a saucepan, melt chocolate, butter, and sugar over low heat until melted and mixture is smooth.
In a bowl, beat eggs to blend. Whisk in chocolate mixture until well blended. Pour into pan.
Bake at 350F until center barely jiggles when gently shaken, about 40 minutes. Cool completely then chill.
Garnish as desired: raspberries with cream, ice cream, etc. etc. (Simply Scratch's roasted red wine + blueberry sauce: I switched raspberries for the blueberries.)
image: mine

Tasty Kitchen Blog: Easy, Flakey, Buttery Biscuits
These are my favorite for sausage gravy or homemade jam or egg breakfast sandwiches.
image: Tasty Kitchen Blog

The Girl Who Ate Everything: Monster Cookies
We just made these with spring colored M&Ms: ready for Easter!
image: The Girl Who Ate Everything

Let me know if you try and enjoy any of these recipes! (And definitely be sure to leave comments on the creators' blog posts if you enjoy their recipes!)

Comments