favorite recipes

Because I very much enjoy cooking, I'm always trying new recipes from my favorite food blogs. I'm not very creative in the kitchen, but I'm really good at following directions. So with a good recipe in hand, I can cook many things! The problem is that I often forget which recipes I've tried. Since I can't search within feedly (with my free version) like I could in Google Reader (RIP Google Reader - I still miss you), recipes I tried and loved sometimes disappear into the abyss of saved items I cannot find. I know there is Pinterest, but I forget which ones I've tried there, too. So I'm trying to email them to myself and then label them "YUM," but sometimes I also email them to friends. So then they get cluttered by email conversations.

Henceforth, I will be compiling a monthly post with my favorite new (or newish) recipes from the past month. It's totally for my own reference, but maybe you'll also find it useful (and not need to call me at the last minute for the recipe I forgot to email you- oops). =)

The (beautiful) images belong to the original blogger of the recipe, as noted below each image.

Here we go!

Pinch of Yum: Lentil Curry Bowl with Cilantro Cashew Sauce
This warm stew with cool avacado and sauce - yum.
image: Pinch of Yum

Ambitious Kitchen: Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
I used Monterey jack cheese instead of the lactose-free stuff.
image: Ambitious Kitchen

Fresh Family Cooking: Huevos Rancheros
Breakfast for dinner.
image: Fresh Family Cooking

Joy the Baker: Mushroom Kale Goat Cheese Quesadillas
I love goat cheese.
image: Joy the Baker

Whole Eats & Whole Treats: Pumpkin Doughnuts
This recipe made forty donuts for me. (Gulp.)
image: Whole Eats & Whole Treats

Mel's Kitchen Cafe: Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
I use this in recipes instead of the canned option.
image: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

Simply Scratch: Creamy White Chicken Chili
Easy. Quick. Delicious. I used canned beans - cannellini instead of Great Northern. Don't forget the tortilla chips.
 image: Simply Scratch

I used regular bacon and the French Bread recipe below and a box of soup (Roasted Red Pepper) from Trader Joe's.
image: Ambitious Kitchen

Mel's Kitchen Cafe: French Bread
I made bread! It rose! I didn't kill the yeast! It was delicious!
image: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

What Gaby's Cooking: Southwestern Brown Rice Bowl
A last minute find that proved itself a winner. I halved the rice recipe part.
image: What Gaby's Cooking

Pinch of Yum: Chopped Thai Salad with Sesame Garlic Dressing
We love the Chopped Thai Chicken Salad around here. Nicole tried this before me and insisted I needed to make it. She was correct.
image: Pinch of Yum

Joy the Baker: The Best Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Not quite as drool-worthy as my Nutella cookies, but these are still really good.
image: Joy the Baker

If you try any of these, let me know what you think!

Wait, how did I only try two new desserts this past month?! I guess I'm just stuck in my tried and true Nutella cookie and pretzel crust bars rut. 

Comments