God is good . . . all the time. All the time . . . God is good.

I started this post on May 7th . . .

Sometimes I look back at this blog when I don't know what to post. So I searched "May 7" and reread my post from last year, empty arms. And then I texted my friend on this bittersweet anniversary of the delivery of their stillborn son. But by God's grace and with nervous excitement, they are also pregnant again and due this month!

On Friday afternoon, I received a text message from my friend that their son had arrived - both mama and baby healthy and doing great! When I tried to tell Aaron the news, I cried. I cannot even begin to imagine their joy as they hold this sweet baby boy in their arms, after this past year of loss and waiting (and fighting the worry and anxiety that tried to wrestle away their joy of another pregnancy).

I am reminded of a sermon I heard recently where my pastor in Nashville reflected on his experience with the phrase and dialogue of "God is good . . . all the time. All the time . . . God is good." I won't try to say more than that because any way I attempt to summarize it will be a fumbling mess. But if you want to listen to it, this should bring you to the podcast.

God is good . . . all the time.

All the time . . . God is good.


Comments