seven

On Sunday, Aaron and I celebrated seven (SEVEN?!) years of marriage.

Today, as I was driving in my hometown, Tim McGraw's "Where the Green Grass Grows" popped into my head. Aaron and I listened to a lot of country music together in our dating lives, so I'll sing the chorus for you . . .

I'm gonna live where the green grass grows
Watchin' my corn pop up in rows
Every night be tucked in close to you
Raise our kids where the good Lord's blessed
Point our rocking chairs toward the rest
Plant our dreams where the peaceful river flows
Where the green grass grows

We live in Philadelphia, hardly where the green grass grows or where corn is poppin' up in rows, but I do get to be tucked in close to Aaron every night. And we are raising some pretty awesome kids.


Happy Anniversary, babe. I'm thankful to be living life with you wherever God has us, (even if it's not exactly where the green grass grows). I love you!

Comments