third floor progress: August 16

Yesterday, they painted the walls on the third floor. Last night I (quickly) painted the bottom portion of the baseboards before the carpets were installed today.

First, here's a little glimpse of what the third floor space looked like when we first saw it. We considered refinishing the existing floors, but long story short, we couldn't for a handful of reasons. On with the photos.






And now, last night compared to today.


 




Carpet close-up.


Ooo - too close. You can see the beautiful, um, trim.



I am loving my Thunder walls in the hallways (and bathroom and kitchen and living room), but the Muslin I chose for the bedrooms isn't as off-white neutral as I'd expected. Guess I'll just have to paint the rooms individually as we settle over the next year or so. (Excuse me while I go pick my husband off the ground as I'm sure he just died hearing (seeing) me say that.) We'll see how excited I am about painting anything ever again if/when I ever finish the trim and railings.

I have three of these sweet brushes. (Thank you, Young House Love for the tip.) Let me know if you'd like to try one out with me. =)

Comments

  1. Is Lydia "esscited" about her new home?
    Also, paint whatever you want to paint NOW. Don't wait. I ran out of momentum and decided I'd finish later and three years later my hallway is still painted half green, half blue. Haven't picked up a paint brush since. Then again, I'm as lazy as you are motivated, so you'll probably be fine.
    #longestcommentever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Lydia is "essicted." my goal is to finish the trim ASAP. and the bedrooms are all going to be muslin for awhile, i am sure. =) maybe you can come help me. then i'll come help you.

      Delete
    2. My room is looking good! Save a brush for my visit

      Delete

Post a Comment