messy to beautiful

I want to journal more. I write entries in my head in the wee hours of the morning when I can’t fall back to sleep after feeding Heidi, but those entries never make it from my head to paper (or a keyboard).  In February, I am attempting to journal once a week and share those entries here. I used to "think" more on my blog, but recently, I've grown lazy of fleshing out my thoughts. Then my brain feels like spaghetti mush, much like it does right now.

Today, one friend is hoping to bring her baby into this world (come on, labor), and another is wondering if the bleeding will take her baby from her. My heart rejoices with one and grieves with another. This world is broken and messy. But, as I taught the three and four-year-old kids yesterday, God makes messy things beautiful.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11. But, sometimes the waiting is so painfully ugly that we wonder if we will ever see the beauty.

Lord, give me patience to see the beauty and the grace to walk through the pain of the mess.  

Comments

  1. still catching up on your blog :) ...just read this and cried. i second rachel's 'amen'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment