Heidi's baptism

On New Years Day we celebrated Heidi's baptism. (Sorry that I forgot to put the zoom lens on the camera for my sister who took the pictures for me.)

 


Heidi was very interested in the water. I think she wanted to go swimming.



I posted this when I shared Lydia's baptism, and I'm posting it again here for me. I love what baptism represents - the sign and seal of the covenant God made with Abraham - an unconditional covenant of blessing and redemption. God's grace and mercy through salvation are gifts extended to each of his children; we merely must receive. Heidi's baptism doesn't grant her salvation as only she can choose this for herself as she grows to understand. She - and each of us - brings nothing to the table in our relationship with God. He reaches down to us whether we choose to receive or not. Our prayer is that Heidi will choose salvation for herself one day as we love her with the joy of the gospel. We pray that God will work through our imperfect love to show her his perfect love.

Comments